• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alternative music player?

OSU15

Nov 12, 2012
The native music player always fails to recognize a good amount of songs and I have to end the app and restart it which is a hassle. I've been using Google play music but that uses data so I'm looking for a third party music player app to use where I can easily transfer my music from iTunes or a saved m3u folder to sync my music

I think around 90% of people including me will say PowerAmp mate. Try the 14day trial to see why.
Its great if you like to put your music in folders, choose what folders u do and DONT want it to read from, when you add music, just hit settings, rescan instead of restarting, excelent DSP and EQ, plenty of free skins.
It was 1st app i actualy payed for :)
Use it with Musixmatch for lyrics :)
Oh and theres facebook and twitter share widgets to share what youre listening to :)
Finds album art online......

Upvote 0
I downloaded it and it auto synced the music from my sd card but not my play lists I have all my play lists in a folder is there a way to sync my play lists onto it?

The Samsung Galaxy S3 has been a HUGE problem with playlists and PowerAMP. Its been a thorn in my side for some time now. What I found as a workaround is to sync your music and playlists to the device. Then go into the factory music player and let it do a scan. Make sure after the scan that you can see the playlists. Now go into PowerAMP, Settings > Folders and Library > Playlists Import/Export and select "Import System Library Playlists". Since I do not sync all that often, this works for me for now. Its a pain, but PowerAMP is still the best music player out there hands down IMHO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones