1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Alternative Stock or Stock-ish Camera App?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Mr Marcus, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Mr Marcus

Mr Marcus Well-Known Member

Greetings, all.

I posted this in the S3 forum too, but it might get more exposure here, as I know the "problem" plagues other phones as well......

So, my issue is this: The camera won't initiate while the phone is in use. (btw I haven't gotten my S3 yet - should be tomorrow)...

My question is this: Does anyone know of any alternative camera apk, like maybe a stock Samsung camera apk from a phone that does allow camera / phone same time?

Not looking for those gimmicky 'effects'-cameras... even though some of those DO initiate while phone is in use. Any intel would be appreciated, and if there's another work-around that would be great too.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You mean you want to have the camera active during a call? Well that depends on what you intend to do with the camera while there is a call, but no I don't think anything like that exists, unless you mean the video call camera, that works. I think it works like that because during a call, the phone app is also using the camera app since you have an option to video call.

3. Mr Marcus

Mr Marcus Well-Known Member

@ chanchan- yes that's exactly it. The apk's exist someplace because lots of other phones allow camera use while otp. Since a camera app is ultimately just another apk (albeit likely tied deeply into the OS of that particular phone), I'd think someone someplace has had similar concerns to mine and has remedied by tweaking one to work while otp. Or maybe the solution is something I can do in rooting with the current cam.

Suggestions outside of my proposed solution are welcomed as well.......