1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Alternatives to google play store?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by julystork, Dec 19, 2013.

1. julystork

julystork Newbie

Anybody knows any alternatives to the google play store app? On the Galaxy S2 the google play store app will not load despite clearing cache & resetting all app preferences, just the "loading wheel" spinning perpetually.

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

The Amazon App Store is probably the biggest alternative market - and they feature a paid app for free each day.

But I don't understand why the Play Store wouldn't be working on your S2. Is the device factory, or are you running a third-party ROM?

3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

4. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

* OP can't access the play store
    * links to the play store
    ;)

I was going to suggest AppBrain, as it's certainly very good for finding apps - but doesn't it just link to the Play Store to install?

5. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

Apparently, yes:

"Will AppBrain distribute applications? No, all applications will come from the standard Android market. This means that the synching process on the phone consists of a number of successive redirects to the market application. However, as all selection has been done behind the desktop already, each installation is just a single tap on the "Install" button in the market. Similarly, each deinstall will be a single tap on the Remove button."

6. Raptor_Jesus

Raptor_Jesus On Probation

7. dibblebill

dibblebill Android Expert

I like FOSS... :p