1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Alternatives to Verizon (asurion) Insurance?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by williamcmoran, Jun 1, 2011.

1. williamcmoran

williamcmoran Member
    None

May 27, 2010
    Hey everyone. If anyone could be of any help it would be most appreciated. I dropped my phone today. It was actually exactly like you would see it in the movies. I pull my phone out of my pocket and it slipped out out of my hand. It was juggling up in the air a few seconds, no joke. But i could not get a solid grip on it.But alas, in the end I missed it and it hit the NYC pavement. The screen shattered down by the launcher pro dock. I've never broken a phone before over all the years so I never purchase insurance. Obviously I cannot get asurion insurance through verizon because it is more than 30 days. I've had the phone for almost a year. Are there any other companies out there that have no restrictions on when you can sign up? I still have another year on my contract so I would prefer to just get a replacement from insurance if possible. Any help would be awesome. thanks everyone.

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    The only other insurance provider that comes to mind is SquareTrade.

Please be advised though that what you are asking falls into something of a grey area. Some could see this as an attempt to defraud an insurance provider since insurance is normally purchased "before" it's needed...

novox77 likes this.
  3. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Yep, technically that's insurance fraud. You need to have insurance before you break it.

The only advice I can offer, if you have homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance, check with them. Sometimes they will also cover your cell phone.

4. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    Sorry, based on your OP, it sounds like you are trying to find insurance AFTER you damaged your phone and hoping the insurance will offset the loss. This is insurance fraud, something we don't condone.

/thread