1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Always on Display dims in my pocket

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ThomCordua, Mar 12, 2016.

1. ThomCordua

ThomCordua Lurker

On my new S7 the Always on Display dims when the phone is in my pocket, making it difficult to read without turning the screen on, defeating the purpose. If the light sensor is covered, the next minute when the clock moves it dims. Then if the light sensor is uncovered the next minute when the clock moves again if goes bright again. I tried disabling the Keep Screen Off In Pocket feature but seems to do this either way. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Make sure your Brightness is not set to auto.

3. rkkeller

rkkeller Android Enthusiast

I think that is the way it was meant to work. If the sensor is totally covered and everything is completely black, it probably thinks it's in a drawer or somewhere it doesn't need to be on. Only guessing, but I noticed it too.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Indeed, it is suppose to turn off when the phone is facing down, in a pants pocket, etc.

5. bhl62

bhl62 Member

Also goes blank in a case. Nice to see some engineering decisions that are actually sensible!!

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews