• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

always show away in gtalk?

nope we don't have it open anywhere else. Also i'm not sure if gtalk does this, but with Pidgin you can see where the person is connected from and their status on each device. so for instance my wife shows up as.

Status (Android): Away
Status (gmail): Available

if she's logged into both. I've yet to see us as anything but away on android.

Upvote 0
I shut the droid off, and on my wifes GTalk application on the laptop I went offline. Booted the Droid back up and I show away.

If I set my status to invisible on the Droid, I disappear.
Set status to Busy, and show away.
Set status to active and shows away.

Definitely something wrong here.

Upvote 0
Another stealth update?

Status changes on the phone work now, but "Away" isn't an option anymore only available, busy (DND), and invisible. Was away and option before? I can't remember since it didn't work i never bothered updating my status on the phone :rolleyes:

Edit: tried the "Automatic away-status" setting and broke it. now I show away again all the time, even after turning the setting back off and rebooting the phone. I can still see my wife's phone as available though. To bad she's really sleeping or i could experiment more (and break hers too) :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones