1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Am done with the Desire. Buying iPhone 4 tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by widehead, Oct 23, 2010.

1. widehead

widehead Android Enthusiast

And I can't wait. Had a full day with one last weekend and spent the last week straining at the leash to have one all of my own.

As a "normal" smartphone user (i.e. one that doesn't need to barrel my way into the Linux subsystem in order to unclock the processorzzzzzzzz) I have found that the iPhone 4 does all that I want and does it better than the Desire.

So, I'll be taking my scratched camera plastic, choppy "720p" *cough* video capture and dreadful battery elsewhere.

It was fun for a while. Maybe I'll be back from time to time (not getting rid of the Desire) and will bore you with stories of how I love my new phone. Or maybe how it sucks and Im using the Desire again.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my posts.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LECTER

LECTER Android Expert

Have fun not making calls. :)

Chris333, yenrod and widehead like this.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Enjoy.

widehead likes this.
  4. widehead

widehead Android Enthusiast

Nice. :)

I already have a nice cover picked out. Maybe I'll take a crystal-clear photo (with the iPhone 4) of the cover so you can see it. Then I'll take a fuzzy photo (with my Desire) of the cover actually on the iPhone 4 so you can almost see what it looks like in place.
    :D

5. LECTER

LECTER Android Expert

Yeah well, have a look here before making a decision!!

Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone 4

faithcry likes this.
  6. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Android Expert

Bye. See you in a few months when you get bored of complaining on the apple forum. ;)

yenrod and widehead like this.
  7. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

good decision mate
    i could tell from your posts before that you were deep down wanting an iphone. i think you would have found a reason to move regardless as we had already proved the video is about the same.
    yes you have hdr images but thats about it.
    eitherway its a good phone and at the end of the day its what matters to you and not what others think.

dont lower yourself to slagging off stuff cos you dont understand it.
    many people like myself can choose either without an issue (line of work) and i chose the desire due to me feeling that in nearly all cases its a better device.
    I dont need face time and i dont need hdr photos
    images outside are just fine, iphone 4 are bad in low light too charmone

widehead likes this.
  8. LECTER

LECTER Android Expert

Where his thread (when he has a question) will get 100000000000000000000+ views and no replies!! ;)

9. genedata2

genedata2 Newbie

i'm surprised you haven't bought an iphone already, considering your posts here

10. sookster54

sookster54 Android Expert

*Stormtrooper mode*

Nothing to see here, move along move along.

jeliason and yenrod like this.
  11. mi6-bond

mi6-bond Member

my dad has an iphone4 and ive tried it out a few times,it is a smart device but i dont like the fact you cant bluetooth anything with it(pics etc)and if you hold it in your left hand it does actually loose signal,but the main thing is,my dad likes it.itunes is a pain in the arse though,why the hell does everything have to go through that.

12. jay_kay

jay_kay Android Enthusiast

Yeah was always going to happen seeing the posts that you've made on here already :p

Enjoy!

13. moe3754

moe3754 Well-Known Member

Just another Stevie Jobs Sheeple, DON'T forget to pick out a nice little Rubber Jacket for it so you can make and receive calls on the POS!!!! I have had two iphones back in my STUPID days and the only good thing about them was the money I got from selling them on E-bay, double the price I purchased them for, A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE!!!!!:p

14. ScottyPro

ScottyPro Member

When you get it Jailbroken you might be able to do half the stuff the Desire does at the moment.

15. snowmobile

snowmobile Android Enthusiast

16. ndemeis

ndemeis Newbie

I Had two iphones as well. Both broke just over a year into use and I am not hard on my phone (I had an audiovox for 4 years before switching). Done with crapple. Decided to make the switch to Android. Now if I can just decide which phone!

17. Nagrom

Nagrom Android Expert

Have fun having virtualy no control over what you can do with your phone.
    Have fun spending a fortune on filling ole Steve Jobs pockets. Just so he can tell you WHAT you must do with your phone.

I remember going into the Vodafone shop to look at the Desire. Then a guy comes in with an iphone that he had had for only two weeks. Thing had conked out on him. I could hardly keep my face straight.

We call iphones Clit phones here. Cause every c**t has one.

You couldn't pay me to own one of those pieces of crap.

HTC, and Android all the way for me.

Andy

ynwa and yenrod like this.
  18. ukzen

ukzen Android Enthusiast

19. Nagrom

Nagrom Android Expert

And we'll have a nice big slice of humble pie waiting for you LOL

20. BarnumC

BarnumC Member

er.. its Umble pie, no H, but my sentiments exactly!

21. Phenomenological

Either form is valid, it originated from umble pie as you say, but the word umble originated from the word numble so if you're going to try to trace it back to its roots it should be numble pie! :p As far as I'm aware the most common form today is with an h, though.

22. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert

Or the French word nomble ;)

23. Phenomenological

I decided that was extending the point a little far for one post. :p

24. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

He couldn't handle it. It was too such phone for just one man

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown