• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Am I Asking for Too Much?

bunjy

Aug 2, 2010
First of all, I love the Incredible. I think it's the perfect size and I love how fast it is and I really like the Sense UI. However, I have not been able to find an Inc without issues.

1st one - Slightly pink screen, grounding issue, crooked screen under glass
2nd one - Very pink screen, even at max brightness
3rd one - Very pink screen, even at max brightness

Let me say, I could probably live with this if it weren't for the fact that I've seen Incredibles with very white screens and no grounding issues (and definitely not crooked screens). Part of me wonders if some of the screen issues are due to the screen shortages that caused the backorder. Maybe Samsung rushed out a large batch of bad screens. I don't know, just looking for answers...

Like others, I'm really not interested in any of the other phones (Droid X or Droid 2). Maybe I'm just too picky and should just live with the issues. I guess I just wanted to vent. I might be picky, but I have thick skin, so If you think I'm being unreasonable, feel free to say so. This is the best phone out there, I just want one that is what I consider to be defect free.

Well i don't like Motorola much because if it wasn't for Verizon and their commercials then the Driod series so far wouldn't be so popular. The Ceo of the company is horrible with his decisions, also why would you want to move from a amoled screen to a regular wvga? I see that you are having problems but you can always rma it or something they will give you a phone to use for the moment if bought it from best buy or something.

Upvote 0
I've had my Inc since launch and didn't notice any pink screen issues that many had complained about. But now my GF just got a new Inc and next to hers, mine does have a slight pink hue to it. I could not notice it before I put them side by side. But I actually prefer it to the stark white look of her screen. I know it's just a preference thing, but I think mine looks better with the slight pink overview. Just my humble opinion.

Upvote 0
I agree that mine has a slightly pink hue in some areas, however I think it looks more real 95% of the time. Having a nice picture is one thing, but having a realistic looking picture is something completely different. I want a screen that if I look at grass and then look at real grass, look the same, and mine does, so I'm happy. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones