• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Am I being too picky? Dust.

Because I don't know them, probably shouldn't even use a pic with other people in it. This really isn't about my girlfriend though. It's about my damn dusty phone. ;)

Do I want to take a chance getting a worse phone? No

Should I assume that most people don't have dust under their screen then?

I mean if that's the case then maybe I stand a good chance to get one without dust.

I don't think that you're too picky, especially with regards to women.

JUST KIDDING!!!

I'm sure that many people have dust under their screens and don't even know it. All I'm saying is that some people have had to exchange their phones more than once for various issues, and you're rolling the dice if you return yours for something like dust, which is actually a quite common issue when it comes to phone screens.

Upvote 0
Yes I don't think many people have dust under their screen. I haven't heard of anyone else say something about it. But if you mention anything about your girlfriend you know everyone is going to want pics...

Actually, dust is quite common. It's the people who notice dust who are not as common. I've seen complaints on the Incredible message boards, blackberry boards, and iphone boards.

Upvote 0
Considering how large the pixels look in your pic I'm not sure I'd notice that without a magnifying glass. But that's me. If it's bothering you that much try another. However since you seem to be looking very closely at these minute details, it'd be wise to thoroughly inspect the replacement.

Upvote 0
Because I don't know them, probably shouldn't even use a pic with other people in it. This really isn't about my girlfriend though. It's about my damn dusty phone. ;)

Do I want to take a chance getting a worse phone? No

Should I assume that most people don't have dust under their screen then?

I mean if that's the case then maybe I stand a good chance to get one without dust.

Love the blond chick's shirt!!! She is my favorite.

Dust under the screen sucks. I would get a replacement.

Upvote 0
Crap, just found my first specks of dust in my screen too and I've had it since launch. I don't even keep it in my pocket, i keep it in this lousy zippered pouch in a freakin manpurse. I found 2, the first one's hard to find while the 2nd one is quite noticeable but is in one of the corners.

If it was able to find its way in, wouldn't it be reasonable that I would be able to shake it out? I tried it and it had no effect. It's making me wonder if these were there ever since I got the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones