1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Am I bricked? :(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AlienLamp, Apr 14, 2012.

1. AlienLamp

AlienLamp Newbie

I believe I'm bricked, and heres the story: I was installing bROM (of which I installed correctly, as it booted up perfectly, and let me do anything I wanted to.) I came from MIUI reportaled, and I was changing my booting image in clockwork mod recovery. It successfully installed, but when I rebooted, I was unable to boot correctly. After waiting 5-10 minutes, I pulled my battery for another minute, and popped it back in. I turned it on, but all it did was vibrate constantly. I've done that about 3 times, with no success. Any tips at all? I really need some help here. Thanks in advanced everyone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

someone who knows alot more will most likely jump in(i love this forum lol)

but i see you say you tried to boot regularly and it just vibrates, have you tried to boot it directly into CWM Recovery, do you get the same results?

also you say u were changing the booting image, was it the slash screen image or the boot.zip animation one?

3. AlienLamp

AlienLamp Newbie

I was changing the screen splash image, I wouldn't mess with the boot.zip, because I have no idea about that. When booting into CWM, it does the same thing; vibrate. :|

4. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

Can I see the zip that you flashed?

5. AlienLamp

AlienLamp Newbie

It was b_randon's stock splash img zip. I cbf finding the exact location, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

6. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

Did you wipe anything?
    You was just supposed to put it in the root of your SD Card then Flash.

7. AlienLamp

AlienLamp Newbie

I did not. I've flashed over 10 roms and screen splash img's in the past, and nothing has ever gone bad. I don't know why it all of a sudden decides to say "nope" to me.

Twizted6789 likes this.
  8. marcusi23

marcusi23 Well-Known Member

i really don't know but trying going into download mode and if you made a copy of your old splash img, maybe try putting that image back.

9. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

Reflash ROM, don't boot yet, then flash the stock splash.img again.

10. AlienLamp

AlienLamp Newbie

I just tried to put it into download mode, because I read that it might fix, but I had no success with that either, It wouldn't do anything. My computer wouldn't recognize anything either, so it had no sign of life. I am currently just trying to charge it to 100% to see if that does anything, because my LED still shows up

11. AlienLamp

AlienLamp Newbie

I'm unable to even get into my CWM haha. Only thing it does is show a red LED and vibrate.

12. piper_

piper_ Well-Known Member

How did you put it on the sd card ?

Did you accidentally put a space in the name of the img or anything like that ?

13. AlienLamp

AlienLamp Newbie

When it was working, I put it on my SD card through my computer, via USB. I did not touch the name at all, I always make sure to check that everything should work.

14. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

when i first flashed mine i had an issue kinda like this, it ended up being a bad zip, file, or a download error, redownloading and flashing fixed it for me, but it never blocked me from CWM recovery or Download mode

what if you pull the battery?

make sure nothings hooked up, usb, headphones nothing plugged in the phone

pull the battery for about a minute, replace it, then try and go right into download mode by the standard Hold power and Vol- at the same time

AlienLamp likes this.
  15. AlienLamp

AlienLamp Newbie

I finally went into download now! THANKS SO MUCH! I don't know why I wasn't able to previously, but I'm not going to question it haha. Thank you my good man ^^

16. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

no problem, im new here as well, and like i said i had a very similar problem, altho very different when i flashed mine, the phones usually hold data like a pc, pulling the battery stops it

i would suggest replacing the stock splash, or last working splash and trying to get the phone to boot normal again before going in to change anything

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews