• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Am I crazy? It's automatically deleting my videos?!

You're not going crazy. You're just not using the right usb connection setting. Bring down the notification bar and click on usb connection and choose the third option. I think it called usb mass storage or something. Then when you open your SD card it will show all you files. It took me a while to figure this out too.

Upvote 0
Maybe it has something to do with putting them in the dcim folder? I made a new folder on the root portion of the sd card and named it videos. I copied some divx encoded files in it and they are still there. I would try moving the video files and see if they still get deleted. As far are dismounting I just change the usb connection to charge only and I havent had any issues so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones