1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Am I crazy? It's automatically deleting my videos?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ionfish, Jul 18, 2010.

1. ionfish

ionfish Lurker

Jul 18, 2010
    am i going crazy. i connect the phone to my pc with usb mass storage. I make a "video" folder in my "dcim" folder and put a couple divx movies in there. after a day or two the files are deleted and gone? wtf, where did they go?!

Advertisement

2. ionfish

ionfish Lurker

Jul 18, 2010
    this has happened more than once!

3. kishin14

kishin14 Android Enthusiast

Jun 29, 2010
    You're not going crazy. You're just not using the right usb connection setting. Bring down the notification bar and click on usb connection and choose the third option. I think it called usb mass storage or something. Then when you open your SD card it will show all you files. It took me a while to figure this out too.

4. ionfish

ionfish Lurker

Jul 18, 2010
    thanks for this reply, but thats what i have been doing!

whats the proper way to dismount? right click on usb device and click "safely remove hardware" correct?

5. tumadre159

tumadre159 Newbie

Jul 1, 2010
    Kansas
    Maybe it has something to do with putting them in the dcim folder? I made a new folder on the root portion of the sd card and named it videos. I copied some divx encoded files in it and they are still there. I would try moving the video files and see if they still get deleted. As far are dismounting I just change the usb connection to charge only and I havent had any issues so far.

6. ionfish

ionfish Lurker

Jul 18, 2010
    I am putting the movies back in several different folders. I'll see how that goes

7. SHADOW HACKER

SHADOW HACKER Lurker

Jul 9, 2012
    Heyy mine too automatically deleting....