• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Am I getting throttled?

Yeah, it is IMO just the Droid X (MOTO). Mine does this quite often. Lot's of peeps try to blame it on VZW or my area but i can sit side by side with for instance a HTC Incredible and it happens.

The HTC does MUCH better with downloads on speed test (1500kbps vs 400kbps) and never drops 3G like the MOTO does. I am in a WiFi area 99% of the time so it doesn't bother me that much. Rest of the phones features far out weigh this issue for me.

My buddy that travels a lot totally hates constantly dropping 3G (third handset, same issue). He is waiting for the next "best" phone. He had a couple of iPhones on AT&T but with VZW at least he gets reception all over.....lol

It seems for most, once you get to use the features of Android, the iPhone is just a big step backward...........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones