1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Am I in trouble ?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dreamriderreaper, Aug 11, 2010.

1. dreamriderreaper

Hello group I bought a motorola droid the other day and am having to return it to verizon tomorrow for a droid 2 . My question is I have downloaded droid 2.2 from this site on my phone will I have any trouble returning it ? Thanks so much in advance , Dreamriderreaper

2. Steven58

Can't you do a factory reset?

Steven

Welcome to Android Forums!! :D

3. Steven58

4. ndsustudent

ndsustudent Member

You will void the warranty on the phone and they may give you some problems returning it.

I just tried to swap my droid eris at verizon yesterday and they said that they couldn't help me because I had unauthorized software on it (froyo 2.2). I forgot to do a reset back to 2.1 before I returned it.

It couldn't hurt to load 2.1 back on it...just in case!

5. dreamriderreaper

sorry to post a question here I am new and was just not thinking , wont happen again .

6. Steven58

no problem. If I had a dime for every newbie that posted a question here, I wouldn't have to work anymore! ;) Welcome to Android Forums!! :D

7. HTC-Fandroid

HTC-Fandroid Android Expert

Its a learning curve my friend, dont worry about it and Welcome to the forums. :)

Take it back to 2.1 and and say nothin. :D

HTC-F

8. dreamriderreaper

Wish I knew how to revert it back lol . i have looked everywhere on here .Thanks guys for the patience .......

9. HTC-Fandroid

HTC-Fandroid Android Expert

10. dreamriderreaper

My dumb butt figured it out by following instructions lol ,imagine that lol. Now about me ,I am 42 retired from 22 yrs. in the automotive field my wife is a nurse and we have 5 girls and 4 son in laws lol , 2 grand daughters and 1 on the way in oct. I love my harley and camping bought the wife a camper and pontoon for the family last year but dangit the harley is all mine ,it only has a solo seat ......... The name Dreamriderreaper comes from a motorcycle club I belong to called Dream Riders Bicking For Children. I was in The Family MC for a little time but that was long ago it feels like . Anyway I am proud I found you guys I have learned alot just by reading post .It seems there is a whole world of things that can be done with these phones...

11. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.

Welcome to the Android Forums!