1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Am I missing some thing with the playback of music on the DHD?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Real Loki, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Real Loki

Real Loki Member
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Hi,

When I play any music through the standard DHD player and go back to listen again (unlike most MP3 players/All iPods) the player ALWAYS starts from the begining of the song/track rather than resuming from the exact point I was listening to.

This is a major problem for me as I mainly listen to DJ sets that can be up to 3 hours long and I shouldn't have to try and find where I was myself.

Is this normal?

Surley it should just start from the point I left it unless I put it to the begining myself?

If I go back straight away it's at the same point but after roughly 5 minutes without fail it's resets itself.

I've not read anywhere else that this is happening to anyone else so any advise is very welcome!

Many thanks :thinking:

Advertisement

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Not sure what it's meant to do but I can't see a setting to change it. Different MP3 players do different things. My wife's Creative 1GB toy she uses does what you want, resumes where it left off which is what she wants as she listens to a lot of audio talks. We tried to just load them onto her Nokia (2730) but that does what you say happens - starts at the beginning again which, in the middle of a 60 minute talk is NOT what she wants.

I've loaded Poweramp onto my DHD and that does what you want - resumes where it left off. However, thinking about it, I'd like a setting to switch between the two. I could understand people who listen to a lot of audio or classical music maybe (long tracks) would want to resume where they left off but people who just listen to your average music track (3 to 5 mins) might like to start at the beginning of the song again.

Look at Poweramp anyway. It does cost but is definitely worth it.

Dave

3. big_mike

big_mike Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Head Chef
    Worcester, UK
    Poweramp is an awesome app. try out the 15 day trial.

well worth the money i would say.

:D

4. Real Loki

Real Loki Member
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Brilliant! Many thanks for the advice and I'll try Poweramp but can I just confirm that your standard defualt players do the same and it's not a bug/fault with my phone?

I've been mocked good and hard from iPhone fan boy camp on this one... :rolleyes:

5. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall

The standard player on mine does what you say - you pause it and go do something else (in my case I just put it back to the home screen) and when you go back just 2 minutes later it's back to the beginning again.

Poweramp definitely saves where you paused it as it's now sitting part way through the track I was listening to yesterday when I paused it. And I've turned it off since then (a complete shutdown, not with fastboot).

HTH

Dave

6. Real Loki

Real Loki Member
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Thanks for confirming this for me. :)

Although i'm very impressed with Power Amp (so far) I'm still dissapointed with the DHD not having this simple function on the defualt player and was very suprised to not find many other threads moaning about the same issue!

What's the main benefits of purchasing the paid Power Amp app do you know?

7. ynwa

ynwa Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Yeah i mostly listen to DJ sets, and find this very annoying. It didnt happen on the Desire. Not sure it happened on the Desire HD before the last update? Would hope its fixed in future updates.

Real Loki likes this.
  8. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Before I paid up for it the app. would always nag me when I started it but that "seemed" to be the only drawback. However, there was an update today so things may have changed. So you can put up with the nag screen until you figure out whether you want the app. or not.

Dave

Real Loki likes this.
  9. stupendo

stupendo Member
    None

Aug 7, 2009
    Winamp seems to play from where you left off and that's free.

10. Real Loki

Real Loki Member
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Cheers, i'll try Winamp and compare to PowerAmp to see which is best to use/keep. :cool:

11. Randles

Randles Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 30, 2010
    Wales
    Well I just tried this and it has saved where I left the track so its doing what you wanted :thinking:

The only time mine goes back to the beginning of a track is when I restart the phone.

Very strange that it seems only I have this function on this thread :thinking:

12. ynwa

ynwa Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    How long did you leave it before going back and playing the track. I know if i go back in minutes its ok. If i leave it a couple of hours it goes back to the start of the track.

Also what version of software do you have on?

13. Real Loki

Real Loki Member
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Fair play ynwa, you beat me to it as was going to ask the exact same 2 questions! ;)

I'm really confused if this is not happening to everyone else on the DHD default player after leaving for over 10 minutes. :thinking:

Can anyone else please help me out and also confirm this is happening to them too?

Thanks

14. Randles

None

Dec 30, 2010
    Wales
    It was a few minutes to be fare I will try now and post back in a few hours to let you know if its gone back to the beginning or not.

The music player version software : 2.00

I'll post back soon ;)

15. Randles

None

Dec 30, 2010
    Wales
    Yep resets back to the beginning of the track

16. Real Loki

Real Loki Member
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Thanks mate, I appreciate you re checking. I now know that It's a problem for everyone :(

17. slipperystar

slipperystar Lurker
    None

Feb 5, 2011
    First thing I noticed when I got my HTCHD last week. Have had Poweramp from the second day and love it. will most likely buy it when the trial period ends....very good player, much nicer than the iphone music player. Oh, and yes, Poweramp remembers where you left off in a song, even after restarting the phone!