1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jyarbrough20, Dec 25, 2011.

1. jyarbrough20

jyarbrough20 Well-Known Member

Love android and this phone....the specs say this phone has 16 gb internal memory and 16 on SD card.... but when I look at storage under internal memory it on has 8gb....with 7.71 available...help me out here....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. waremaster

waremaster Well-Known Member

The rest is being used by the OS and such the Webtop application uses quite a bit by itself.

3. Powersurge

Powersurge Member

You have around 3.5 or 4GB "Application Storage" which is where the apps are installed by default and which cannot be used for anything else, and 8GB "Internal Storage" which is the normal freely usable memory. The rest is used by the OS and Motorola software as waremaster said.

Short of carrying lots of music and videos around, this should usually be more than enough (unlike manufacturers like HTC who like to put no more than 1.5GB total in their European models), and if it isn't, the Razr (in practice) can deal with memory cards up to 64GB microSDXC. :)

4. you2

you2 Android Expert

On the one hand I think reserving 8gb for webtop is overkill (and a waste; esp for us who don't use webtop) on the other hand (for me personally) 8gb is plenty for base stuff (applications) and I prefer to put media (songs, movies, pictures) on the sd.

5. Powersurge

Powersurge Member

It's not even that much; it's only about 4.5GB of memory that's completely taken away from you. The rest of the "limited" 8GB is the Application Storage, and I think that's a good way to make sure you'll hardly have a chance of running out of space for apps, because I suppose filling 3.5GB purely with apps (that you have a use for) is a tough challenge.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews