• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Am i missing something

fullbloodedmut

Android Enthusiast
Dec 23, 2011
Florida
Iwas messing around with my connect and ive not messed with it for so long,i thought i was still rooted,well i wasnt,so i used the connect the dots and i was rooted again,but no cwm,or couldnt but into recovery,anyways i was removing some bloat and i messed up and deleted auto run, home key stopped working,id plug the phone in and no sign of charging,debugging any of it,so i decided to try the lg update tool and it worked ,thinking it would put me bk to stock vv5,well to my surprise it updated me to vv6,is this old or a new update,i thought vv5 was the newest?

Sammyz is usually the one who keeps track of new LG firmware releases, but I assume this was overlooked due to:

A) The fact that people in their right mind don't use the Connect anymore.

B) Nobody knew about this update cuz I believe 2.3 firmware doesn't support OTA update functions, and......

C) As of June 1st, the network this phone operates on will be offline. For me, anyway. New England is one of the first markets slated for CDMA termination.

Every one of my phones have recently taken OTA updates, mostly adding new Google junk apps, so I think this is what the update is for.

****This VV6 update is for the MS840V model. Remember, if you manually flashed VV5 to your MS840 and you try to upgrade via LG updater tool, you're going to get ZVA firmware!****

Reactions: Doge
Upvote 0
Im in my right mind, i dont use the connect except to use it as my music player, hooked up to my stereo in my room, i jus decided to mess with it and i thought i was rooted, but i wasn't but i decided to just hook up to the updater because when I hook up my esteem the updater acts up, so i was just tryn something out. And i have heard that cdma phones for metro will no longer work(rumor has) , anyways i just wanted to post about the vv6 update to let others know if they didn't already knew.

Upvote 0
Did anything change with the VV6 for you? I flashed it to my OG Connect, and seemed to work mostly as VV4 and VV5 did, except the phone would start burning my face after 5 minutes into a call. I since traded my Connect in for an F6. Everybody else with a Connect should be good to use for the rest of the year. I have the flashable VV6 cab and KDZ files if anybody with an old Connect wants them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones