1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Am I nuts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droid51378, Aug 7, 2010.

1. droid51378

droid51378 Android Enthusiast

I had a guy offer me his flawless HTC incredible + 4 screen protectors, hard case with belt clip + 200 bucks for my plain DX. Is this a bad deal? It seems too good to pass up.

Any opinions?

2. haticK

haticK Well-Known Member

i wouldnt say its a bad deal but it depends if you would rather have an incredible

3. Raptor912

Raptor912 Android Enthusiast

Sounds like a good deal to me

4. Paycer

Paycer Android Enthusiast

Take the deal and go buy another X with the $200. :D

5. droid51378

I mean, I think the Droid X might be a better phone all around, but I only paid 200 for my phone and for someone to give me an almost equally nice phone, + accessories & 200 bucks, I kind of feel dumb if I pass on it.

6. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Android Enthusiast

Agreed.

7. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert

Go for it! If you find out you hate it, sell it, get an X and pocket the change!

8. aleis

aleis Android Expert

i would go for it.

9. Charlie81

Charlie81 Member

Yah go for that shit sell the inedible on ebay...buy x with the profits plus the 200, you might break even. Lol
    AskHim if wants to buy any bridges while he's at it.

j_ryan likes this.
  10. gordonz88

gordonz88 Newbie

Noooooooo!!! Motorola pwns htc any day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

Keep the X. He has an incredible and is trying to do anything to trade it for an X, doesn't that tell you something?

12. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

I would do it, if you end up not liking the Incredible you could sell it on Ebay and buy another X.

13. Nightwind Hawk

Nightwind Hawk Well-Known Member

You could put custom ROMS on the incredible.. stock android?

14. esn

esn Android Enthusiast

Just remember your warranty follows the original owner VZW will not cover that incredible under warranty.

15. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

You're right, but the actual insurance, that you pay for monthly, can be transferred to a different phone even if it isn't new.

16. alnova1

alnova1 Android Enthusiast

I just sold my Inc and I wouldn't do it. I have had my X for only a few hours and its much better! I liked my old Droid better than the Inc. Keep your X.

17. yeah you can sell the incredible and buy a brand new X if you want

18. droid51378

I am going to just keep my X. Thanks for the input.

19. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Android Enthusiast

I would have turned around and listed the Inc on Ebay within the hour and already had my new Droid X coming in the mail but that's me. Only way I wouldn't have taken him up on the offer was if he were the type to turn around and rub it in your face now that he had the X and you didn't.

20. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Android Expert

I was going to say the same thing...especially considering how rare the AMOLED based versions are becoming ever since HTC switched to the LCD variant.

21. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus Newbie

That's a good point. You could probably fetch a decent amount if you really hit on that AMOLED screen.

22. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert

I'd do it.

23. 1up5dn

1up5dn Well-Known Member

I think you are wise to pass on that deal. There must be a reason he is so willing to spend that kind of money to unload his phone. Plus, you cannot replace your X with $200 if you already used your upgrade/sign up discount, you would have to spend $569.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews