• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Am I rooted? (used giantpune cmd line method)

caspian915

Jul 1, 2011
After getting stuck in the boot loop stage with hashtag's otherwise awesome app for rooting, I decided to try the giantpune manual method via this thread.

It seemed successful, but couldn't tell. I downloaded three root checking apps (Got Root?, SU checker, Root Check Basic) and all three tell me I'm not rooted. However, I was able to download and install SuperUser, Busybox (via BusyBox Installer) AND My Backup Root. No obvious problems installing them.

So... I am rooted? or...? Are those root checking programs no good?

thanks in advance!
- sps

After getting stuck in the boot loop stage with hashtag's otherwise awesome app for rooting, I decided to try the giantpune manual method via this thread.

It seemed successful, but couldn't tell. I downloaded three root checking apps (Got Root?, SU checker, Root Check Basic) and all three tell me I'm not rooted. However, I was able to download and install SuperUser, Busybox (via BusyBox Installer) AND My Backup Root. No obvious problems installing them.

So... I am rooted? or...? Are those root checking programs no good?

thanks in advance!
- sps

The root checking apps usually work. If you successfully installed busybox, it would seem that you do have root. Sometimes, the Allow/Deny prompt from Superuser seems to not work properly. For example, it might not pop-up and ask you to allow/deny when running an app/proces which requires root. Try opening the Superuser app and updating the su binary. That option can be accessed from the Superuser "info" screen/tab. When running an app/process which requires root, are you being prompted to allow/deny?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones