• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ??? Am I rooted?

Last resort would be to reset to factory (hard reset) & go from there.....

Trying to avoid the nuclear option but it's always on the table, lol

if this were to happen in the future I'd like to know if a file is corrupting - if anyone else has experienced this (from search it shows this to be the case- but no real solutions) & what happened to cause it & how they fixed it

Upvote 0
ok, I'm not rooted anymore & am stumped as to how but here's the proof in the pudding I think:
so time to start over.

I'm befuddled because yesterday is when I tried to root again to download a helper file so I could make a gps switch via the app Macrodroid

I was confused why the helper file would not DL, the developer told me it's because I wasn't rooted. W/O root scripts & helper files can't be DL'd.
That's when I tried to root again & the carrier wallpaper appeared AND the helper file DL'd............

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-13-19-46-00.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-13-19-46-00.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_2013-01-13-18-57-36.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-13-18-57-36.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_2013-01-13-18-54-05.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-13-18-54-05.png
    34 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_2013-01-13-18-37-40.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-13-18-37-40.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_2013-01-13-18-52-08.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-13-18-52-08.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0
ok, I'm not rooted anymore & am stumped as to how but here's the proof in the pudding I think:
so time to start over.

I'm befuddled because yesterday is when I tried to root again to download a helper file so I could make a gps switch via the app Macrodroid

I was confused why the helper file would not DL, the developer told me it's because I wasn't rooted. W/O root scripts & helper files can't be DL'd.
That's when I tried to root again & the carrier wallpaper appeared AND the helper file DL'd............

Alright, I think I know what your issue is. The problem is that you made a very common mistake when rooting the Hydro/Rise. There is a specific version of su/superuser that works, and it looks like you used the latest version of the rooting script.

Easy Fix:
Open Superuser, set grant root access to allow, prompting does not work, will refuse root every time because of it.

Not-So-Easy Fix:
You need to remove superuser and SuperSU. Having both on your phone anyway is a good way to ruin your root access.
After removing them, you need to re-root with the correct rooting script.
[GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Note to Everybody:
If anybody asks how to root the Rise/Hydro, please send them to this link.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones