• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Am i the only one in the UK with a XT720?!?!

spirit44

Apr 7, 2010
feels like i'm the only one

perhaps people with any version of this phone can help me

i have 3 problems

- HD recording looks really ropey to me. My N95 takes better videos, is this correct?

- Secondly the phone crashes a fair bit

- finally, sometimes when i'm in the camera application, the screen gets streaks of pink/purple, and becomes very distorted, is this normal?

i have a 14 day cooling off period, so thinking about returning it

i was holding out for a Nokia n8, but the combo of Xenon camera, HD recording and Android seemed perfect

please tell me it still could be.....

Just found this thread as I'm looking to get one of these phones, and for the same reasons as you! (also very interested in the Nokia N8)

I'm assuming you bought the phone outright from an online retailer rather than with a contract?

If you do know of any networks doing the XT720 I'd be very interested as none of them seem to have even heard of it!

Upvote 0
wel my time with the XT720 was short, and not very sweet.

My advice? don't buy it, i returned it for a refund.

The camera - takes good pictures in low light, although the shutter lag is so long whatever you wanted to take a picture of has probably died by the time it does it. Pictures in day light were acceptable, nothing special though.

The video recording was so so so bad, it judders constantly, the picture is beyond poor, and when you see it on the big screen you realise just how bad it is

Wait for the N8. This phone is utter cr@p. A camera phone with a rubbish camera, cracking combo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones