• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Am I the only one one not getting Market update notifications?

circiter

Lurker
Oct 22, 2010
I started a thread about this on 10-22, and still haven't gotten any replies.
:thinking:
Please let me know if you have a similar issue.

Since the OTA september update that (among other things) brought the Market version up to # 2007, I haven't received a single status-bar notification for updates. The Market widget included in the update, doesn't seem to work either, displaying nothing. Is this problem afflicting only me?

I would very much appreciate your comments.

C

nope. i don't get them neither. The only time i know if i have an app update is when i go in the market place and hit downloads. That last update also killed my manual update check. Get the "unable to connect to server" error.

Well, at least it's two of us! Feels strangely better... Thanks for reply. Same here with the manual update check. I think the Froyo update buzz was driving their servers insane, so this might have been done on purpose, to deter ppl from constantly checking for it. Just a conjecture, though. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones