1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Am I the only one still running 4.4.2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carylev, Oct 3, 2014.

1. carylev

carylev Member

I read on the blog yesterday that the LTE variant of the nexus 7 was finally getting updated to 4.4.4, yet I am still stuck on 4.4.2. I've checked several times for updates over the past 12 hrs and keep getting the "you're up to date" message. Am I the only one?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

If there is an update, you can download the factory image and fastboot flash it. Or use a toolkit like wugs.

3. efeigenbaum

efeigenbaum Android Enthusiast

You post that like it's the simplest thing ever. I am fairly tech-savvy and I have no idea how to do what you said. The thing is that it shouldn't be that complicated to install and update.

4. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

They roll out the update in batches. I was just giving a recommendation to get it before it comes to your tablet. I think the LTE version may still be on 4.4.2. But using wugfresh toolkit is simple. You download it to your PC and it does the rest with a few clicks. It will root for you, update for you, make backups, everything.
    Here is a link http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

5. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

The LTE version is just getting the OTA 4.4.4 update. You should get it anytime now. Have just a bit of patience and you won't need to root, manually update,etc.

6. TomBrooklyn

TomBrooklyn Newbie

What's the difference between 4.4.2 and 4.4.4?

It doesn't seem like it could be very important if it's only an update of 2/100ths.

7. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Just a couple security updates. Nothing you'll notice.

Nexus 7 (2013) Forum

The Nexus 7 (2013) release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 3950mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews