1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Am I the only one that thinks the Sirius/XM app Stinks!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by alnova1, Jul 14, 2010.

1. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Virginia
    Most of the time when I try and use it it will start and then halfway through the song it will start repeating a part of the song over and over and over. Anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement

2. fenwaynomar45

fenwaynomar45 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    didn't see stern on the trial.. but i know with the interent trial u didnt get him either... so unless someone tells me I get stern i dont get it.

3. alnova1

Nov 7, 2009
    Virginia
    Yea no Stern...I have the online service where I can listen to Stern when i'm at my computer. I can listen to Stern with the Wunderradio app but the app hasn't got all the kinks worked out yet so its kinda spotty at times.

4. jaihawk8

jaihawk8 New Member

Jun 15, 2010
    I use the Sirius app every day and with the exception of the occasional cut-out (I fluctuate between 0-2 bars in my office), I have never had an issue with it.

5. alnova1

Nov 7, 2009
    Virginia
    Really? I have tried it on 2 phones, the Droid and now the Incredible and I still have the repeating problem.

6. Campah

Campah Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I've got the same repeating problem, wifi or 3G on my Droid. For a while it worked fine, but lately it's been unusable.

I tried clearing data this morning, maybe that will help.

7. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Youth Counselor
    PA
    Only problem I have is the two minutes it takes to finally start playing.

8. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Computer Repair
    Monmouth Jct, NJ / Longmeadow, MA
    Nope. I actually cancelled my subscription due to the app. I'd lose signal about every 3-4 minutes and it'd take another minute to get it back. I signed up for a 30 day trial of the internet/mobile service and didn't even finish my trial. What good is it to listen to it at home? I wanted it for the car, and the app just blows.

9. ookees

ookees Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Yes I just downloaded the app today and it started happening to me too. I think it may be when it's connected to a Bluetooth device. It just happened to me when I was in the car and now I just tried it in the house with no Bluetooth device connected and it's not doing it.

2.2 evo if that makes a difference or not.

10. ookees

ookees Member

Jun 1, 2010
  11. mched

mched Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Manager
    Valencia. CA
    I don't think it's that bad.
    I have had it for a few weeks now and the signal cuts out every once in a while but not enough to make me want to cancel it.
    For the most part it works well for me.

12. Frood42

Frood42 New Member

Aug 2, 2010
    I have the same problem as the op. Cuts out part way through a song, then repeats it. Happens every day. I had XM in my car (sold the car, new one doesn't have XM) and never had any trouble, but with the app, it is very frustrating.