• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Am I the only one thinking of what apps they're going to download?

Has anyone used touchpal lately? I read on some forum that it was really buggy and they took it out of the market place. Is this true? What is so buggy about it? I used it when I had WM and I loved it.

Bummer, that was my favorite virtual keyboard on Windows Mobile and I was totally going to buy it for Android. I wish I had the Evo now so I could tell you. :) I will probably still purchase it anyway just to try it for myself.

Upvote 0
My friend told me that the free version on the iPhone also limits the number of times it can be used in one month.

Edit: I just looked it up in iTunes and the limit is 5 lookups per month for the free version.... Boooo

Hmm..maybe it was the early adopters on the iPhone version. I know some people have unlimited lookups.

Upvote 0
Im new to Android so please forgive my ignorance...

Does anyone know of a "great" app that can handle standard RSS news feeds and also handles podcast audio and video??? Specific features I am looking for are:
1) Ability to read RSS/news-feed content with pictures.
2) The ability to identify audio versus video podcasts.
3) The ability to download podcast audio and video for off-line viewing.

I used to use a program called Egress for WinMo which could do these things. Currently I use a Palm Pre with Google Reader, but that is not quite all that I am looking for. Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.

Update/note: I am waiting for the EVO so I do not currently have any Android device.

Upvote 0
i doubt anyone knows for sure, but will google navigation be on this phone? everytime i watch a video on youtube, i see google maps, and then see sprint navigation. i know all android phones 1.6 and higher (or 2.0 and higher, i forgot) have turn by turn voice navigation. is it possible sprint had them leave that out so people would use their navigation system?

Upvote 0
double post

Edit: ^^might as well as take advantage of it since it's here..

I currently used Twitbird on my iPod as my Twitter client and it's my favorite one by far just because of the sheer number of features you get in just the free version. One the the features is a "Nearby Tweets" option where it shows you a map of people's tweets in your area for example:

photo1iv.jpg

Is there an Android client with a similar feature?

Upvote 0
i doubt anyone knows for sure, but will google navigation be on this phone? everytime i watch a video on youtube, i see google maps, and then see sprint navigation. i know all android phones 1.6 and higher (or 2.0 and higher, i forgot) have turn by turn voice navigation. is it possible sprint had them leave that out so people would use their navigation system?

You can use either Google Nav or Sprint Nav on the phone.

Upvote 0
You can use either Google Nav or Sprint Nav on the phone.

thanks, i hope that is the case. also, another thing i found odd is that on the incredible videos, i always see "car dock" as a preinstalled app, but it hasn't been on any of the evo videos. i don't know if that's something they'll add in later, or they felt was something they didn't need? the idea seems pretty cool, being able to access maps, navigation, etc, from 1 location.

Upvote 0
double post

Edit: ^^might as well as take advantage of it since it's here..

I currently used Twitbird on my iPod as my Twitter client and it's my favorite one by far just because of the sheer number of features you get in just the free version. One the the features is a "Nearby Tweets" option where it shows you a map of people's tweets in your area for example:

photo1iv.jpg

Is there an Android client with a similar feature?

isn't that essentially what google buzz does? i know it doesn't involve twitter, but it shows updates/posts/"buzzes" from people nearby, right?

Upvote 0
anyone looking forward to what existing apps we have that will just run so much better? On the Hero, handcent SMS takes 3-5 seconds to load. Dolphin takes like 5 seconds to load cache when returning to it. Astro File Manager takes like 20-30 seconds to populate the app lists for backup. I am hoping those sorts of things are significantly quickened. And as I've found with other Hero users, most of the time in the Youtube app, a message will display that 'video cannot be played'. Also, Beautiful Widgets FCs on me constantly and would love for that to stop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones