1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Krew, May 29, 2011.

1. Krew

Krew Member
    None

May 29, 2011
    California
    From the first day I purchased the Indulge I have had an extremely awful time trying to open the little USB cover. I always trim my nails and I find it almost impossible to open it without having to go find a thin object to pry it open, I know It's my fault for cutting my nails, but I have had phones with similar USB cover designs that have a bigger gap for trimmed nails.

My question is, are you guys or gals experiencing the same thing? personally I don't care but It's just something I want to get off my chest :)

(Is there a secret I don't know of opening the little cover? :thinking:)

Advertisement

Rominucka likes this.
  2. Rominucka

Rominucka Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    It's hard to explain
    Delray Beach, FL
    Hahahahaha that's awesome!!! That has been happening to me in the last month. For some reason I've been well on top of my nails and I can't for the life of me open the damned door either. I used a business card until the edges became too dulled and now I've been folding up little papers to a point, flat and small enough to jam in there.
    It's in my car that it's the problem. At home there's enough stuff laying around to use but it could take me 5 minutes to get moving in my car before I can get the usb flap opened.
    I have no pointers, but I think I'll keep one of my old drivers licences around. That should fit in the slot fine.

3. ickster

ickster Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    N. Texas
    Just pull it off. I hated that damn thing too. Most phones don't even have a cover like that. It won't hurt anything to remove it and it CAN be put back on.

4. astmd1655

astmd1655 Member
    None

May 21, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    I've been using my keychain grocery store savings card... but ripping it off would save a lot of hassle.

5. Rominucka

Rominucka Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    It's hard to explain
    Delray Beach, FL
    Don't rip it off. My old phone didn't have a door for the micro usb and the connection is all dusty and corroded. You might wanna sell it one day and hope to get a decent price for it.

6. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Android Enthusiast
    None

May 6, 2011
    Male
    lol its REALLY hard for me when i cut my nails down..so i have to use my middle finger to get it in there to open it! it can be really frustrating! lmaoo

7. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    Lol! Happened to me last week, after my yearly(kidding) manicure. I had the problem before on my caliber as well, so I knew EXACTLY what to do. Reach over to the passenger seat, grab my girlfriend's hands, and use HER fingernails!

8. Krew

Krew Member
    None

May 29, 2011
    California
    Haha great replies guys, I had a feeling I wasn't the only one! Well I don't think I will rip the thing out, I might want to sell it to a friend or someone one day, I'll have to adapt like I am right now haha.

9. INSURGENCY

INSURGENCY Member
    None

May 20, 2011
    funny, I've had absolutely no problem with it.

10. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    e-z on those they also make the best back scratcher :D dont wanna break one of them ull need them soon enough!