• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Am looking for an app

Hi all

I'm really liking my first Android phone.
One thing I'm enjoying is the vast number of apps on just about any subject, so welcome any recommendations to try out.

One thing I'm currently looking for is an app which will allow me to stream music from my phone to my car stereo via my Bluetooth handsfree kit.
The handsfree is a Parrot, and connected to the stereo, so when a call comes in it uses the car speakers rather than the loudspeaker on the phone.

I don't think there is an app which will let me do what I'm trying to do, but thought is ask anyway - just in case.

Thanks all......

Bryan
@jugglerbry

In my experience, if you use bluetooth to pair with any bluetooth audio device, the phone will automatically send all audio via bluetooth without an app. I've used it on my PC before - just pair the phone and the PC and everything starts playing via the PC speakers rather than the phone.

I don't use the standard firmware on my DHD though, so it's possible the same isn't true for your phone.

Upvote 0
Hi
Thanks for the reply.

I did try what was suggested, but as I suspected, it didn't work.

The phone connected to the Parott no problem, then I tried playing some music and it came out of the loudspeaker on the phone, rather than the car speakers via the Parott.

This could be one of two things;

1. The music app may need some sort of switch to either play through the loudspeaker/headphones or to a Bluetooth device (ie Parott) or

2. When a call comes in, its automatically detected by the Parott, and uses this instead of the loudspeaker. Something similar for music apps may be needed.

I'm not 100% sure it can even be done, but have heard the iPhone can do exactly this with no apps - apparently.

Any other suggestions, or apps welcome

Thanks again :)

Upvote 0
You didn't mention a specific model number so I couldn't check this, but it seems that you need a headset that supports A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) to play music rather than just calls. Does the box/website for your headset mention that?

If it doesn't, that would explain why you're having difficulty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones