1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Amazing home screen video...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kbayer, Feb 27, 2010.

1. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    This app is called iHome. It's got mixed reviews, but the 3D effects border from awesome to maybe a bit over the top... Still, shows a lot of creativity and potential. This isn't demonstrated on the Droid, but shows that it is available in the marketplace. I've gotten my phone tweaked just how I like it, so I haven't taken the plunge yet to give this a try...

YouTube - iHome Full Magical Experience on all Android phones

Advertisement

2. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Queens, New York
    I'm playing with it now. Very fun, I feel like it has a lot of potential, but it's still buggy. I'm using the free version right now so I don't get the "magical experience" of transitions and a different lockscreen. Unfortunately, it's crashing practically every time I try to do something.

Thanks for finding such a cool software! I'm going to keep this thing in mind, but I don't think it's worth using right now because it crashes far too often for any practical purposes. Maybe in a few more upgrades it'll be stable and I'll have found a home replacement that's actually worth paying for! :D

3. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

rogue_slc_vzw_rep Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    I'm interested to see this get better.. is it open to as many screens as you have apps?

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    *yawn* ... It's still the same ol same ol with transition effects. Umm ... I don't see the point. Except for maybe taking up more valuable resources and hits at the cpu. All for the sake of eye candy???

No offense kbayer. I'm glad you posted. It's good to see what's available out there. :)

5. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Structural Engineer - Nuclear Industry
    Aurora, IL
    Im with messenger :/

6. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Philadelphia
    do u have to be rooted and will it run on the hero??

7. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Northwestern PA, USA
    It's by the same devs as Pandahome. Neat ideas, but if their support update-wise is anything like Panda's right now, this home replacement will joining the ranks with the rest of the has-been apps.