1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Amazon 199 vs verizon store 299 total cost question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shogunvsgsp, Oct 27, 2013.

1. shogunvsgsp

shogunvsgsp Newbie
    None

Jun 16, 2011
    So amazon has the note three for new customers at $199. Does anyone know the difference in total fees vs buying from the store. I know they said something about an activation fee at the store. We got our last phones from amazon and saved quite a bit.

Advertisement

2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Washington, DC
    Generally buying from 3rd party retailers come with extra restrictions and/or conditions to justify the lower price. I believe Amazon has a policy that states that the phone must be active on the assigned number for 6 months or be subjected to a somewhat large penalty. I think this is done to prevent people from doing the line swap technique to keep unlimited data.

As for activation or upgrade fee, you will still be charged that but it will appear on your first bill rather than be charged up front.

3. shogunvsgsp

shogunvsgsp Newbie
    None

Jun 16, 2011
    Thanks. There is a six month policy with a big fee if you cancel but there is also still the two weeks to return and get out penalty free. So that's a hundred dollar per phone savings. My wife and I saved a lot on our thunderbolts through amazon, so I am familiar with the six month policy and it is a non issue. So basically 230 from amazon or 330 from Verizon. Buying two phones so it seems like a no brainer. Is there a difference in cost between a new customer activation fee and an upgrade fee for a returning customer.

4. Wantin

Wantin Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Yep. We did the "penny sale" for our 3vo's two years ago around Black Friday from Amazon. It was awesome to go that route and have a smartphone finally.

I plan on taking advantage of there lower prices as well for the Note 3's this year. However, do you guys know if we are able to swap out phones at a Sprint store (we obviously have Sprint) if the home button, for example, is loose? Or do we keep it going through Amazon.

That's one disadvantage I can see. And as for the six month thing, I think you also have to not be late on payments, which is minor as well.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.