• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon($9.99) Not Such A Deal

shh

Feb 3, 2010
NE USA
Received my new Eris on Feb. 5 and after going through phone support and a local Verizon store I found that the phone had already been activated by someone else. Obviously couldn't activate and must return the phone. Really frustrating having had a Nexus One for a week and half and returning it because of poor 3G coverage.

It must have been sold and returned. Not good practice by Amazon. And to think I worried about a clean ESN when looking on eBay.

Really getting lots of Android 'setting up' experience.

Update: Contacted Amazon and they are sending another Eris w/overnight shipping and I have 30 days to return the original. I do a lot of business with Amazon and therefore this update should exonerate Amazon except for the bad ESN.

thats a shame...i purchased the same deal from amazon. no issues at all...ported over my sprint number an everything.

the only thing i'd change in hindsight is the plan i chose...i didn't realize the incredible savings google voice gives me (unlimited text and talk minutes). so - if you're still in your 30 day window...i'd scramble the fighters, research on the google voice, get an account, and change your plan.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones