1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Amazon App Store and its Games

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by himpu, May 31, 2011.

1. himpu

himpu Lurker
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    Hey i found a question about this Amazon App store. i saw the free app of the day promo with Plants vs Zombies and i downloaded the Amazon app store. When i went to purchase the free game and download it, i got a notification saying i need to complete information using like 1 click settings or something. When i went to that page it said it needed a whole lot of info such as address, phone number, and even credit card number and expiration date. I was wondering if i needed to put that all in just to download the free game. or am i do something wrong? thanks for the help. :)

Advertisement

2. DoAndroidDream?

DoAndroidDream? Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Massachusetts
    You have to have an Amazon account I presume, which is why they need the data. To create an account.

3. himpu

himpu Lurker
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    but i do have an account this notification pops up after it says purchase fail when i click "get app" next to the sign plants vs. zombies. does the purchase failing somehow have to do with this?

4. Vanquished

Vanquished Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Student
    USA
    In order to download anything off of amazon (whether it be a free or paid Kindle book, mp3, Android app, etc.) the account you are using has to have that information (full name, address, cc, and so on).

Amazon.com is one of the safest things you could use on the internet when it comes purchases, so if you are worried about CC fraud or something, don't be. It seems to really frustrate people that the CC info is needed, but it really isn't that big of a deal from a trusted site/company like theirs (IMO).

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    yep, i have an amazon account and the process is pretty smooth. even though the app is free they are also asking for your info for future purchases. that way it is truly one-click purchase. i have been playing plants vs zombies all day. my phone right now is not happy as i have to plug it in now:(.

6. Intruder

Intruder Android Enthusiast
    None

May 26, 2010
    Bradford UK
    Why its on the market when only the US can use it beats me.... App of the day my arse, not if as usual you are outside the states!!!

7. Vanquished

Vanquished Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Student
    USA
    Because the amazon market for Android is only available within the United States for the time being. It is pretty dumb that they send out the email to everyone saying it is available though when the appstore isn't.

8. GoHybrid67

GoHybrid67 Member
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    I got my Android phone about 2 days before Amazon started up their App Store and their free apps of the day. Since I'm a big fan of "free", I check out their offering every morning. :D

I've been buying stuff from them for years, so they already had all my info on file, so never had an issue with any of the free apps not downloading properly.

What I really like about their set up is you can click the freebie to "buy" it, it ends up listed as yours in your Amazon account, but you don't actually HAVE to install it that day if you don't want to. I've got a list of apps and games a mile long that I've gotten and either haven't installed yet, or have installed, and then uninstalled due to needing space for other things. There are a few things that I'm not sure I'll EVER use, but figured I might as well get, just in case, while they're free.

Best game offering so far, IMHO? Plants vs Zombies from this week. Plays great on the Optimus V.