1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Amazon Appstore app updates arent consistent!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by thomasanderson, Jul 4, 2011.

1. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I just noticed that apps I got from the Amazon Appstore arent as in sync with updates, as apps from the Android Marketplace are. I have the Business Calendar app from the Amazon Appstore, and Ive noticed that after I downloaded it, Appbrain states that there have been 3 updates since but Amazon doesnt notify of any updates. This prompted me to check other apps and sure enough several of them have been updated, but not through Amazon. Is there any way to fix this?

Advertisement

2. Jenny Z

Jenny Z Well-Known Member
    None

Not that I know of, unfortunately :(

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    I imagine the developers would have to update the apps in each store in which they are available. Maybe, it has something to do with Amazon's DRM - requiring the developer to do additional work before the updated version can be made available through Amazon?

4. regression

regression Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Male
    Memphis, TN
    I have noticed the same thing with Business Calendar. For a while Weatherbug Elite lagged behind the Android Market's version. It was finally updated in Amazon's App Store. Like others have said, nothing you can do about it. Just hope the developer / Amazon updates the app soon in the Amazon App Store...

5. pwalt

pwalt Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    A developer told me that updates through Amazon take a couple of weeks longer to "process" than Market. Not sure why ... and I haven't figured out how to update a couple of the apps I already have from there ...

Maybe Market is a better deal ... even if a tad more expensive? It seems like my apps are always updating through Market.

6. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Yea! I received a response from Amazon stating that its up to the developers to send them the updates. I guess they just dont get around to it until they release a stable update.

7. Crodley

Crodley Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    Ya, when MOG stopped working with the latest Gingerbread update, they said to uninstall it and install the Amazon version which was an older (supposedly working) version.

8. swub

swub Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    I am curious is there a way to tell which version that each app store has before you update? If not there should be IMHO. :D

9. regression

regression Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Male
    Memphis, TN
    In the Amazon Appstore, click on the Product Description for the app. Then you will see the version number.

In the Android Market, click on the More in the DESCRIPTION section. Then you will see the version number.

10. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    I had a strange behavior yesterday. Got an "update" alert at Appbrain for Angry Birds Rio 1.3.2, I updated. Then I checked Amazon later that day and showed an update available for Angry Birds Rio. I updated that, and both were 1.3.2. The Appbrain one shows "free", the Amazon one shows .99 (which was originally free). Only one seems to be on my phone.