• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon Appstore Not Allowing To Approve Permissions

lexluthor

Android Expert
May 15, 2010
Amazon Appstore appears to be working differently on my LG G3 than on my other phones.

Both with the built in system version and the upgraded version, when I download say, the free app of the day, it automatically installs it. Previously, It would purchase it, then download it, then once it's downloaded, I got a permissions page where I could then cancel the install.

I frequently "purchase" the free app of the day to get it on my account, but then don't install it.

I also just looked at an HTC One S running Jellybean/rooted and it definitely does ask to approve permissions before installing. But, what's interesting, is that, the Amazon Appstore on the One S doesn't have a setting for automatic updates. My Galaxy S3 running Kitkat also doesn't have an update for automatic updates. Both have the same Amazon Appstore version as the LG G3.

This is very strange. Why/How does LG G3 have an extra option?

Even if I disable automatic updates on the G3 Amazon Appstore, it still doesn't ask for permissions,.

Amazon actually has phone support for the appstore and I called and spoke to someone who understood the issue and opened a ticket with engineering.

Will post if I hear back.

I bet this is just some sort of bug in how the appstore works with the G3 and that they can fix this with an update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones