1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Amazon Appstore Plants vs Zombies Quits for No Reason

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by COBug, Sep 28, 2011.

1. COBug

COBug Lurker
    None

Oct 21, 2010
    Colorado
    I just got the Epic 4G Touch, had bought PvZ back when I had Droid on which this app didn't work, installed it on the new phone. The game plays for about 15 minutes (I was able to finish 1-8 without problems, but now, 1-9 takes longer than 15 minutes) then suddenly quits and I'm back to my normal home screen. I lose all the progress at that level and it takes me back to my saved progress after finishing 1-8. No error, just quits. I thought I was touching the home button but after about 6 times, realize it's not me. Also, I moved it from phone to SD, then back to phone, but no change. Anybody have any ideas?

Stock Touchwiz on Epic Touch.

Thanks folks.

Advertisement

2. ScottieHo

ScottieHo Lurker
    None

Oct 13, 2011
    I'm having the same problem, have you found out how to fix this?

3. flyingmonkeygames

None

Hmm...its hard to say. Have you tried looking at the adb logs and seeing if there is a stacktrace?

For the symptoms, I would guess that it is a memory leak possibly. For the app to continuously run for 15 minutes then crash, suggests a small problem that gets bigger over time.

Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done from a user point of view to fix software issues. Hopefully its something else and you can get it resolved, or they just release an update and it fixes itself.

4. dragma

dragma Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    Male
    Dish Network, Ops Analyst
    Denver, CO
    I had a problem on my Bionic where on some levels it would take me to a loading screen then a paused screen every so often, my fix was to turn the sound off in the game.

Not sure if it will fix your problem.

I have not found an way to contact Pop Cap directly for reporting bugs about their games, unfortunately.