1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Amazon Appstore problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fisterkev, Oct 3, 2012.

1. fisterkev

fisterkev Member
    None

Jul 11, 2012
    Male
    Finance
    TX
    So I got my wife a new phone and am giving the Elite to the kid, wiped it and reinstalled the Amazon Appstore. It installs a version 2 now, none of our other phones have this one. It looks like it was designed for the Kindle Fire.

It does not work. I try to go to My Apps and it just sits there loading forever. Anyone else see this or know how to fix it?

I tried sideloading an older .apk and same thing - it automatically installs this new one. None of the other phones are seeing this new appstore.

ETA: It is version 4.0.634.0. I got it to work but it is sloooooooowww. Amazon has a problem with their new version. Don't update to it.

Advertisement

2. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    Try doing the email signup again where they email you the link for their apk. Barring that, contact Amazon, they may have a solution.

3. DroidMello

DroidMello Newbie
    None

Sep 24, 2012
    Female
    Minnesota
    Just an idea....in the settings under applications do you have the option to allow non-market apps checked?

4. fisterkev

fisterkev Member
    None

Jul 11, 2012
    Male
    Finance
    TX
    Yes.

It works, just takes forever to load, forever to download, etc. Amazon definitely has a problem with it's new Appstore.

It is odd that none of my other devices are upgrading to this new one, I think.