• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon Cloud Player for Android:)

ghodzilla5150

Android Enthusiast
Jun 14, 2010
San Bernardino, CA
I'll probably try it out. If I can get 20 GB free for a year it's worth a try. My main concern is syncing. I have no problem buying new MP3s from Amazon, I generally do anyway. But it sounds like even those don't get added automatically, and doesn't sound like any files I add on my desktop (ripped CD or whatever) get synced. So do I have to keep track of new music and figure out what to upload? That's my main concern.

I'd also like the ability to download songs that I choose to my phone or Xoom- not my whole library, but there are some albums I listen to more than others, and I'd rather download some than stream them. I heard rumors that Google music will allow that.

Upvote 0
I'll probably try it out. If I can get 20 GB free for a year it's worth a try. My main concern is syncing. I have no problem buying new MP3s from Amazon, I generally do anyway. But it sounds like even those don't get added automatically, and doesn't sound like any files I add on my desktop (ripped CD or whatever) get synced. So do I have to keep track of new music and figure out what to upload? That's my main concern.

I'd also like the ability to download songs that I choose to my phone or Xoom- not my whole library, but there are some albums I listen to more than others, and I'd rather download some than stream them. I heard rumors that Google music will allow that.

I bought a song this morning via the Android app. It asked me if I wanted to put the mp3 file in the cloud or on my device. So you do have a choice when you buy the song where it goes.

Upvote 0
Reading the comments, sounds like it needs some work still, but I like the idea anyway. We'll see if this pushes Google music along, too.

Hopefully this kicks Google in the rear end and gets them working a little faster on their cloud based storage. I am going to test it out and see how it works. We have Sprint so my family has Unlimited Data:)

+1 for pushing Google. I've been waiting for months...

Upvote 0

When you buy, you can put the songs in the cloud or on your device. If you choose the cloud, you can download to your device later if you choose to. You can download all your songs later or just certain ones. Personally, I've got the stuff I usually play on my device and stuff I rarely play I'm uploading.

Upvote 0
I just wish there was an option to automatically place all the mp3's I've previously purchased through amazon mp3 into the cloud drive. Anything purchased previous to setting up your cloud drive has to be uploaded manually and eats up drive space just as if they were mp3s you ripped yourself.

As well, I hope 3rd party players will be able to access the cloud drive (ie, powerAmp) since the amazon player is pretty basic and vanilla.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones