1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Amazon.com order questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mosin, Apr 20, 2011.

1. mosin

mosin Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    My girlfriend and I are in the market for a new carrier and phones. The price of phones directly from the carriers are just too much for us. I was told that Amazon.com has great deals on phones so I went and check them out.

I see that they sell HTC Incredibles for one cent if you get a new account/contract. Being wary, this seems too good to be true. I know you have to get the data plan with these phones but is anyone aware of any hidden charges like activation fees? I don't see anything listed but I can't go thru the entire checkout process without giving them a credit card.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

2. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    You are agreeing to a 2 year contract just as if you were purchasing the phone directly from Verizon; there are no hidden fees from Amazon unless you terminate your contract within a certain (180 days?) time frame. Just in case, read the contract that is given to you before purchasing it from anywhere to determine if there are any fees.

3. gnwes

gnwes Newbie
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    there are activation fee(s) involved... at least there were when i purchased a bolt and incredible...but they aren't hidden. the price of the phone really is 1 cent...

4. jamor

jamor Android Expert
    None

Apr 13, 2010
    Planet Earth
    Amazon is really safe - you can input your credit card to see what the fees will be in checkout. You will have a chance to review the order before you process it. If you don't like the fees you can click cancel and delete your credit card.

I don't know what their fees are though.