• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon - finding American sellers

The only way I have found out is by looking at the about the seller on the sellers page, it will sometimes say where they are. Also in their shipping info it should also say where they ship from, which can tell you in most cases if they are overseas or US based.

I've seen it where the vendor claims they're in NYC or LA, but in reality the cheapo off-brand thing you've ordered is on the slow boat from China.

Upvote 0
I don't mind buying from overseas and very often do. But I want to know what to expect.

If I buy from eBay it seems to be more upfront. Depending on how soon I want to use my gadget, the location will affect my vendor decision. Still can't find any location info from various Amazon Sellers.

And if I buy from aliexpress there's no question the gadget will take weeks to get here but that doesn't bother me - just as long as I know what I'm in for at the beginning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones