• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amazon has one. Google has several...

Why doesn't Samsung have a stand alone hardware digital assistant for Bixby (no phone required)?
Lack of demand? Or interest? Without potential customers, they're not likely to make a product.

Have you let them know you're interested? One request doesn't mean diddly-squat, but if a lot of 'one requests' come in, a company is more likely to start thinking about it.

Upvote 0
would make sense.......they have so many samsung products. it would be cool to be able to command their tv's, fridges, washer&dryers, and so forth.

i never liked bixby on my phone, i immediately turn of bixby on all of my sammy phones.

plus i use chromecast that's hooked up to my tv. i can command it with my Google mini and thenn i can stream netflix or disney+ withit.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
Bleh one of the first things I did when I got my S9 was turn off as much of Bixby as the settings would allow, then installed an app to remap the button so it could never come up accidentally.
what's nice now with note 10 and up, you can program the bixby button to be something else. never really used bixby and most likely never will.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
i never liked bixby on my phone, i immediately turn of bixby on all of my sammy phones.
And this is why there is no Bixby smart speaker or similar: the number of people who have Samsung phones and turn off Bixby (which is most of the Samsung owners I know) sends the message that it's a waste of time making one.

Upvote 0
And this is why there is no Bixby smart speaker or similar: the number of people who have Samsung phones and turn off Bixby (which is most of the Samsung owners I know) sends the message that it's a waste of time making one.

You would think they would get the hint, and just ditch Bixby altogether.

The fact that they don't, fully knowing that virtually nobody likes the crap, sends the message that the app is nefarious.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones