1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Amazon MP3 saving to internal storage

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by izzabdullah, Nov 6, 2011.

1. izzabdullah

izzabdullah Lurker
    None

Nov 6, 2011
    Network & Systems Engineer
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but I haven't found a solution.
    I installed Amazon MP3 a couple of weeks ago and I can't change the download location to my sd card from internal storage.
    Stock, installed from market and it creates the amazonmp3 on my internal storage. There is not a setting to change location, only default to device or cloud. Now rooted, but still can't change the setting without using something like apps2sd.
    I just want the mp3s to default to my sd card. I've moved the folder manually, but then the player doesn't see the music on my device and recreates the amazonmp3 folder on my internal phone storage. Love the app, but this is a headache. I've looked around, but haven't yet found a solution, so here I am. :D

Droid3 by Motorola

[edit]
    I thought just now about making the amazonmp3 folder on my internal storage a symlink to where i want to store the files on my sd card. Think this may work as a workaround? I may try this and post back if no one has a permanent / real fix for this issue.

Advertisement

2. izzabdullah

izzabdullah Lurker
    None

Nov 6, 2011
    Network & Systems Engineer
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    I tried creating a symlink via a terminal emulator:
    ln -s /sdcard-ext/amazonmp3 /sdcard/amazonmp3
    And i get 'operation not permitted'. I can create the link on the root, so it is something about creating a link across mounts i believe. Anyway, still unresolved.

3. KevinStamey

KevinStamey Lurker
    None

Nov 19, 2011
    I have the same request. I want the Amazon MP3 Player application to download MP3s to the folder of my choice on my SD card.

I haven't found the solution, yet. I e-mailed the developer list, but don't have any expectations that they will reply.

Anyway, still unresolved.