1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Amazon took over my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tromba, Jun 5, 2011.

1. tromba

tromba Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    I did the update to 2.3 and now when I try to use a game that's free, one that I got from the Marketplace and NOT from Amazon, I get a message that says I must be logged into Amazon to use this app. I can login or quit.

What's up with this?

Advertisement

2. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Sounds weird... is the game still available for free from the Market? Tried reinstalling?

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    I haven't played with this much yet but keep meaning too. Since the game is free, go to manage applications and clear cache, data, then uninstall the game.

Reinstall the game from the market , try again.

4. dmaul3300

dmaul3300 Member
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I had a similar issue. I went to amazon.com and logged into my account. After I logged in, I was able to access all of my apps I downloaded from amazon. It appears you have to be logged in to access the apps from amazon.

5. tromba

tromba Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    Once I did log in to Amazon I was able to access the game, and when I went to all the Apps I got from Amazon, this one was there, but it's a FREE game (Parking cars) and that wouldn't have been one of the free paid apps per day.

But having to be logged in to Amazon to use it????

Before I logged in I tried to download it from Android market, and the download was never able to be completed. "Package file was not signed correctly"

So if I DID get it from Amazon, I can't download the free once from teh Android marketplace. Since it's working I don't want to delete this one and reinstall from the Android Marketplace (if I can) because I don't want to go back to the first level!

Tags: