1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Amazon Video on Droid Incredible

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by LANewman99, Sep 27, 2011.

1. LANewman99

LANewman99 Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Accounting
    Ohio
    I have shows in my Amazon instant Library, is it possible to watch them on my Droid Incredible? I go thru the Internet (is that right?), get all the way to "connecting...." screen and then it says "Unable to Connect to Video. Please try again" Is this because I am on my phone? Is it possible to watch them on my phone? Thanks!:thinking:

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    I'm pretty sure you can only do that on a pc or mac.

3. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Or a Kindle Fire :)

4. spunker88

spunker88 Member
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    Watertown, NY
    If you get a browser that can spoof a desktop user agent such as Dolphin Browser HD you can view the full Amazon site and use flash to view videos. It works for me on the Droid 3 but the experience isn't the best since its not designed for mobile. Once you manage to get the video full screen its not that bad.

5. Ngalaxytabuser

None

Oct 7, 2011
    By default, AIV uses Flash Video in all web browsers with the Adobe Flash plugin installed. However, you can use the Amazon Unbox player that lets users download higher-quality copies of videos. The Unbox player is compatible only with the Windows XP family of operating systems, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. Downloaded films include a full-resolution video file and can include a lower-resolution copy for portable devices. Hope this helps.

6. SomeDroidChick

None

Aug 17, 2012
    Hi,

This trick of using the Dolphin HD browser to watch Amazon video with my Droid Incredible 2 isn't working anymore. Neither is going to Amazon by way of it's native browser, choosing to view the full site insteadbof the mobile version at the bottom of the page and then watching. Did they change anything that you guys know of? Such as Flash requirements? I have Flash version 10.2 and it works to view video on some other sites like youtube, which is why I wonder about the version and if there was an upgrade requirement or tweak done by Amason that's causing this.

TIA