• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jradicle11

That Guy
Feb 6, 2010
Illinois
I'm trying to buy a Xbox 360 Elite off of Amazon but I'm very confused on the process.

There is little information given by the sellers. I'm looking to know things like are they under warranty, are the refurbished, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find this information anywhere.

Is there any way to find out more detailed information on the item or do I just have to message the seller directly? It looks like there are some great deals but I just don't know who/what to trust.

This is about Amazon in general and not the fact that I'm buying an Xbox. Feel free to PM me though.

You have to message the seller directly to know more information. I would personally just buy from Amazon because they're usually very similar in price and you also get all the support of Amazon. I've bought like 100 things off of Amazon and haven't had any issues. Any returns were very easy also. Great company. If you're a student, sign up for their student prime account to get free 2-day shipping or $3.99 one-day shipping.

Upvote 0
You have to message the seller directly to know more information. I would personally just buy from Amazon because they're usually very similar in price and you also get all the support of Amazon. I've bought like 100 things off of Amazon and haven't had any issues. Any returns were very easy also. Great company. If you're a student, sign up for their student prime account to get free 2-day shipping or $3.99 one-day shipping.

Great advice, does it matter that I'm a high school student?

I was looking at Ebay but I lost a lot of faith in it after a product I bought failed just outside the sellers warranty period.

Edit: Just checked it out, looks like it only applies to college students. Maybe I could snag one of my brother's emails?

Upvote 0
Great advice, does it matter that I'm a high school student?

I was looking at Ebay but I lost a lot of faith in it after a product I bought failed just outside the sellers warranty period.

Edit: Just checked it out, looks like it only applies to college students. Maybe I could snag one of my brother's emails?

I don't exactly know their process since I'm still on my Prime account that I purchased before this promotion, but I doubt that they will do anything to seriously check it, like with buying Apple products with the Education discount.

But anyways, you can trust Amazon if you buy it directly from them. I usually always buy my online stuff from them. Definitely a LOT safer than Ebay. If you decide to buy something from a seller on Amazon and there's an issue, Amazon will help you directly deal with them.

Upvote 0
Hmm... I don't know about that. I've never heard of that issue before so I'm not sure what would happen. If you're buying it new, then it should come in new. If you're buying it used, then it should be LIKE NEW. I wouldn't buy anything less than that. Very Good I guess is fine but anything lower than that... then it opens up the gate for blemishes and cosmetic damages.

That link didn't send me to any buyer. Make sure that buyer has a good reputation for something like this. Look at the amount of reviews and take a quick skim of them.

Reactions: jradicle11
Upvote 0
So you're saying that if the price seems too good to be true, chances are that it is?

Tends to be, yes. Amazon doesn't have as much of it though as Ebay because Amazon is a lot more regulated with its sellers. I sell something on Amazon and they have to follow under Amazon's rules. You'll be safe though for the most part. Don't deal with sketchy sellers. If someone is selling something at like $50 below others and have it described as LIKE NEW and he has 98% positive ratings from 60 people... then it should definitely be just fine. Now if it came from someone with 70% positive ratings.... then yes I would be concerned. Amazon will kick off sellers if they have bad enough ratings or a big enough problem. If you need to somehow get your money back, you'll always have Amazon's support.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to buy a Xbox 360 Elite off of Amazon but I'm very confused on the process.

There is little information given by the sellers. I'm looking to know things like are they under warranty, are the refurbished, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find this information anywhere.

Is there any way to find out more detailed information on the item or do I just have to message the seller directly? It looks like there are some great deals but I just don't know who/what to trust.

This is about Amazon in general and not the fact that I'm buying an Xbox. Feel free to PM me though.

Here is a little bit of advice purchasing stuff on Amazon since I do it almost on a weekly basis. Purchase something either sold only through Amazon directly, or sold by a 3rd party but fulfilled by Amazon. Yes you pay more for something sold by Amazon, but trust me if you run into a problem Amazon takes care of it like gold. They are EXCELLENT.

I always pay the extra price to have the item either sold by Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon, makes everything hassle free.

Also you get free shipping with items over 25 bucks.

Anyway just wanted to say that, don't risk buying stuff from random sellers just because it is cheaper.

Upvote 0
So... I ended up buying off Ebay. I suddenly remembered that I had $50 in Ebay gift cards and found a great deal on a new, unopened product and sniped it with a second left.

I still greatly appreciate all the help you guys have given me and plan to purchase from Amazon for any accessories that I buy from here on out. Thanks a lot!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones