• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amber Alerts

Check your settings in Messaging and see if they are turned on. The various types of alerts are selectable except for the Presidential ones.
I have done that with every phone I have had on Metro. I still get nothing. We have had Tornado warning here and friends on other networks get alerts and I don't. We have three phones and none of us get alerts. Tried dealing with Metro CS and that was a waste of time.

Upvote 0
I have done that with every phone I have had on Metro. I still get nothing. We have had Tornado warning here and friends on other networks get alerts and I don't. We have three phones and none of us get alerts. Tried dealing with Metro CS and that was a waste of time.
My Metro phone gets the various alert message just fine.

Reactions: bobnstpete
Upvote 0
Im on Boost (Sprint) for daily carry. In Calif, have only been sent 1 since last Nov.
I don't believe all amber alerts are sent to phones.

The one I did get, so did everyone in the office. Different carriers, and staggered, it was chaotic
From what I have read they need to be within a certain distance. I have had a few of them in my city and never got an alert.

Upvote 0
Make sure you update ur ecclist (911) on mymetro.app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones