1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Amber light blinks a few times then stops, wont turn on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tk1287, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Tk1287

Tk1287 Lurker

I have an HTC Evo Shift that had Visionary on it. I attempted to factory reset the phone so I could give it to a friend. It went to the page with HTC in green with a white background and stayed there a while. I took out the batery, booted it into hboot, and did the factory reset from there. It got to the white screen and stoped again, so I let it set this time. Now when I plug it in the amber light blinks three times then stops. I try to power it on and nothing happens. I have to take the batery out and plug it in again to get the lightsto flash again. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Avivator

Avivator Newbie

3. Tk1287

Tk1287 Lurker

I can get into the HBoot and it stays on for a while (at least 30 min) so I'm pretty sure its not the baterry.

4. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands

I don't have a solution, but will it boot up?

5. 330D

6. Tk1287

Tk1287 Lurker

I can get as far ad the hboot but thats it. I cant get.it to do anything with recovery or factory reser. It stays at the green HTC screen with a white background. I tried RUU on it and it says its not charged at 30%. I leave it plugged in for thirty minutes on hboot and it gives me the same response. If ai leave it plugged in for an hour it shuts off.

7. Avivator

Avivator Newbie

Solution in the link worked for me.... after about a half hour of messing with it (removing battery, removing charging, replugging) it finally showed the solid light and I turned it on.

8. 330D

Oi! have you posted on xda, where the experts lurk? Some of those guys really know their shite....

9. 330D

If you know someone with a hero, the hero battery fits, and is the same, maybe you could poach their battery to do it? The shift battery wont fit in the hero because of a little tab that is different, but the hero battery fits in the shift.

HTC EVO Shift 4G Forum

The HTC EVO Shift 4G release date was January 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

January 2011
Release Date
Reviews