1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General American Eagle Offering Free Droid Eris'

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xzillerationer, Jul 8, 2010.

1. xzillerationer

xzillerationer Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Highschooler
    I'm not sure... I think... somewhere...
    According to Switched, American Eagle is failing so hard they're giving away new smart phones (on a new two year contract), if you "just try on a pair"(paraphraised, no pun intended), and one of those happens to be a new HTC Droid Eris! I expect we'll see a large increase in Eris-ship, therefore more want for the latest and greatest ROM's and updates, either forcing HTC to give us OTA updates, or forcing the community to do it. American Eagle Offers Free* Smartphone to Anyone Who Tries on a Pair of Jeans

Advertisement

2. buff12db

buff12db Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Our phone sucks so bad that just trying on a pair of jeans will get you one these days. pfft. I was hoping they'd offer up some other android phones. At this point I'd deal with the size of the droid just so I had a PHONE that works. I played with my buddy's droid last weekend and was blown away with how much better it performed than my Eris.

3. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
    Weird.

4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That's....bizarre.

5. deathratlehead

deathratlehead Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Can you extend your contract and get the phone free, or do you have to be upgrade eligible and all that jazz?