• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amlogic 8726m A9 cortex 2.3 os 1ghz google tv . Will not boot to home screen

scottcerato

Lurker
May 11, 2012
Hi i bought this androind box from ebay , i received it yesterday . I tried to update firmware to 4.0 , all i got was a screen saying E:failed to mount with a picture of broken robot . i have done everything from reset to try and put 2.3 back on via sd card . Now all i get is failed to mount , cannot mount , formatting/data , formatting/cache ,data wipe ok . up top of screen i have blue writing reebot system now highlighted , apply update , wipe data/factory reset , wipe chace partition and set efuse item . Now i cant move the highlighted bar as my remote wont respond ? There is a picture of box with arrow pointing to robot/android man . I have waited for over an hoour to see if screen changes or box reboots itself and nothing happens ? i have unplug power cord and turned back on and all i get is a screen full of lines , no home screen pictures nothing .

Please help me get this thing working again .

Hi i bought this androind box from ebay , i received it yesterday . I tried to update firmware to 4.0 , all i got was a screen saying E:failed to mount with a picture of broken robot . i have done everything from reset to try and put 2.3 back on via sd card . Now all i get is failed to mount , cannot mount , formatting/data , formatting/cache ,data wipe ok . up top of screen i have blue writing reebot system now highlighted , apply update , wipe data/factory reset , wipe chace partition and set efuse item . Now i cant move the highlighted bar as my remote wont respond ? There is a picture of box with arrow pointing to robot/android man . I have waited for over an hoour to see if screen changes or box reboots itself and nothing happens ? i have unplug power cord and turned back on and all i get is a screen full of lines , no home screen pictures nothing .

Please help me get this thing working again .

You probably tried to install wrong firmware. Now you're stuck with wrong recovery installed on box. Give us more info about the box. Who is the manufacturer? If you can't identify it, post a picture of the box...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones