• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amlogic-8726M3 Cortex A9 Android 4.0 Google TV, One Week feedback

durak001

Lurker
Aug 19, 2012
I had M3 Android 4.0 TV Box more than on week , In this store: Here
The performance is great.
1. CPU Speed is Ok .
2. Online TV is Ok , full screen browse and fluently
3. Android APK for game very great for entertainment.

Still in study , Any one have more great idea for this product?
Kindly tell me.
Thanks

Dear Freinds
i have the same box with ics 4.0
i wanted to reset it with reset button and plug power , i did it twice , and now it is not working at all
if i turn on both blue and red light is on and nothing comes on TV
i do not what to do , is it damaged , i can not use it or not
i read the way to make boot mount , i could not understand and it need linux which i do not have ,
can any one help me with it ,

Upvote 0
Dear Freinds
i have the same box with ics 4.0
i wanted to reset it with reset button and plug power , i did it twice , and now it is not working at all
if i turn on both blue and red light is on and nothing comes on TV
i do not what to do , is it damaged , i can not use it or not
i read the way to make boot mount , i could not understand and it need linux which i do not have ,
can any one help me with it ,
I think the model you get is older one, I suggest you could upgrade .

Upvote 0
This should be the firmware i think:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8fDsuRgEEBkY29hN3NRc2FPdE0

Could someone please verify. Also. Has anyone obtained root on this device?

Root and another ROM is needed BADLY for this smart tv box. It runs XBMC really well though
Hi! I have to solve my own problem related to ethernet connection (here http://androidforums.com/google-tv/...gle-tv-box-cortex-a9-smart-android-4-0-a.html). Since firmware arch contains file named 'refee120710bgzp-120827noapk-4ethernet.zip' I think it solves some ethernet problems. Please can you remeber and give me reference where it was taken from? May be there is some discussion about this fix?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Theres now a root version available. I made it yesterday. No fixes for ethernet, I just added root and hope that's the first step forward:
Oval Elephant • View topic - Stock FW with ROOT available now!

Hope we can fix this together, both OE and Reefe seem to ignore support.
Regarding to MBX / MBX reference board (f16ref) / null / Unknown - Android Fragmentation
There is newest f16ref firmware builded "Wed Sep 12 18:09:48 CST 2012". It is for

CPU
Instruction Set
armv7l
Manufacturer
ARM Limited
Name
ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
Operational Frequency
1000.0 MHz
BogoMIPS
Cores
CPU revision
CPU variant
Features
swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
Hardware
AMLOGIC MESON3 8726M SKT SH
Revision
Memory
Media type
failed.gif
API returned illegal or no value
RAM
872300 K

Who have download link?

Upvote 0
I hit upon people reporting the firmware of the G-Box Midnight working like a charm on the Refee M6 device (f16ref).
Updates of the firmware/ROM can be found at:
G-Box | Software and ROMS

I installed the firmware dated 2012-10-03, it runs smoothly and it is rooted.
However you need to install Superuser from the Play store and update the su binary since the su included is a legacy one not asking for su permissions when running apps that need root access.

Upvote 0
I hit upon people reporting the firmware of the G-Box Midnight working like a charm on the Refee M6 device (f16ref).
Updates of the firmware/ROM can be found at:
G-Box | Software and ROMS

I installed the firmware dated 2012-10-03, it runs smoothly and it is rooted.
However you need to install Superuser from the Play store and update the su binary since the su included is a legacy one not asking for su permissions when running apps that need root access.
What about ethernet? There is warning about 2012-10-03 rom. It is good for midnight v2.1 in other cases ethernet connection will not work. Do you tested ethernet?

Upvote 0
I don't know why all think that the G-Box Midnight ROMs are better than the stock ROMs. The bug with an actual Youtube-App is still there. They have bundled the ROM with an older Version of the app, okay, but with any updated app that uses features from Andoid 4.1 you will have the same problem. The MediaLauncher is not so important for me as I use XBMC instead. Annoying is that the bar at the bottom doesn't hide because of netflix compatibility. Does anybody know how to change that? Don't know how to search, because I have no idea how this bar at the bottom is named.

Gerald

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones