• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AMOLED Blotching

chris2k5

Android Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2010
So 2 of my relatives got the S4. One on AT&T and the other on Sprint.
When the screen is black, you can see blotching when the lights are off. I know this was an issue with all AMOLED screens. I noticed it on my old Galaxy Nexus and Note 2 as well.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it on the S4? Is it any better?

Yes I did. I actually made a thread about it a few days ago. I thought it might just have an issue with my phone so I went up to Best Buy and one of their people tried the demo phone and it did it too and they said that they probably all do it then, or that it's an issue with the video content. I went and bought an HTC one, which didn't show any of the blotchiness or pixel dancing that the s4 did. I ended up taking the HTC phone back because I didn't like the one at all and figured I'd rather live. with the messed up screen then with the one. My new s4 does NOT have the issue that my first one did and am very satisfied with the screen now. I'd take it back and get another one. Here's a link to my thread. http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/720283-does-your-screen-have-issues-test.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones