• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AMOLED, SLCD, or is it something else?

I got my Desire last year, around October, and I love it. I talked my friend into getting one too (and we're now phone-buddies, awriiiiiight) but when I looked at it, I was crushed... His screen is gorgeous compared to mine! Don't get me wrong, mine looks nice too, but his is close to iPhone standards (the thing itself may suck, but you gotta admit the screen is beautiful).

Basically, his just doesn't look as pixelated as mine. You can't really see the pixels on mine unless you get a bit closer, but you can't see them at all on his, and it definitely looks different even at a glance. I may seem petty, but...it's just so pretty...

From all the AMOLED/SLCD comparisons I've seen, there isn't as big a difference as I've seen. So I was wondering if anyone knew if there'd been a new version of the phone come out this year or something? I looked around, but couldn't find anything on it. If it is just AMOLED, and I got an SLCD one, what are the chances of my service provider swapping it for an AMOLED one, do you reckon? :p

Aww :(

May as well ask anyway, I guess. Although I really have no grounds... But yeah, it's pointless to sit around feeling jealous or whatever, I was perfectly happy with my phone until I saw his was slightly better. I should just be happy for my stupid friend :)

And sure, I'll try and get some pictures. Not sure if it will really come through on them, but we'll see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones