• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AMOLED vs. LCD Screens

FYI, ordered a DINC from the VZW website on Monday, got it Tuesday. SKU on the box was ADR6300VW2 and it was preloaded with Froyo. Looks like there are still some AMOLEDs left.

I'm not surprised. BB only got the SLCDs in so quick because they had previously discontinued the Incredible due to supply shortages. They had not AMOLED stock to go through.

Upvote 0
FRU ADR 6300VW2.. So no SLCD on the replacement phone as expected. Still goes to show what kind of tech support from vzw. I actually believed the guy because he seemed to know a lot about the Dinc. I guess I shouldn't have expected much when he said it would be an overnight delivery and then I get the shipping status and it says 2 day Fed-Ex.

Upvote 0
Ok SO I ordered my Incredible yesterday and I was asked if I wanted the omled or lcd , I chose the omled screen but is there a way to insure i got the omled screen and not the lcd? the sales operator said they were able to chose between the too.

I purposely ordered a TFT LCD, because that happens to be my preference between those two choices. Yet the overall appearance of the Omled is slightly nicer, when the two are placed side by side.

Then there is a huge jump when viewing a Super AMOLED like my Captivate / Galaxy S has. Most noticeably brightness, and color contrast.

Cheers... :)

Upvote 0
i ordered my droid incredible yesterday and called in to see which i was going to be sent, which turns out to be the adr6300vw3(LCD) but i just requested them to ship the adr6300vw2(AMOLED) and they did, but im sure they wont have them for very long. anyways i should be leaving blackberry and joining android within the next 2 days! i got an eris and though that it would have enough pull to get me away from blackberry but its not up to my speed so im hoping the incredible is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones